What to expect when you visit the Community Connections Free Clinic:
- Patients are seen on a first-come, first-served basis. There are no appointments.
- Registration begins at 4:00 p.m. for both the Tuesday and Thursday clinics.
- Clients should sign in at the front desk and, if you are a new patient, fill out the New Patient Forms which are also located on the front desk. Then a Registration Volunteer will invite you back to their office to enter your demographic information into our system, see if you might benefit from other services such as help accessing insurance, foodshare, or other social services, and schedule your provider, lab, or nursing visit for the evening.
- Patients are then seated in the Waiting Room and called in the order they are scheduled for:
- A Nursing intake procedure to get vital signs, current medications, and reason for your visit.
- Your medical exam by one of our providers.
- When your exam is completed and the provider has talked with you, a Discharge Nurse will guide you through all follow-up activities such as lab tests or x-rays, medications from the pharmacy, an referral to the Prescription Assistance Program Coordinator, or referrals to other sources of medical services.
- Care at our clinic is free of charge. Referrals outside the clinic, for tests or more complicated services, may have charges. We make every effort to find free services.
- During all of these steps, an interpreter is present as needed for non-English speaking Hispanic patients.